Have you ever shared a link from your website on Facebook all for Facebook to show some random icon or image that does not have anything do to with your content?
If so, this video will show you how to finally solve this issue.
Follow the steps below to ensure the proper images are showing your blog posts and pages. Also, follow the steps below to fix any images that are not showing up properly:
STEP 1 UPDATE THE IMAGE:
- Log in to your WordPress site
- Open Page or Post
- Click Add Featured Image
- Select Appropriate Image (or upload new image)
- Click Update
- An Alternative Step 1: Install the Smart Crawl Pro plugin (Shameless Plug, all clients who host their website with us get this premium plugin for free!!! Learn More Here, https://unxcommoninc.com/wordpress-hosting/)
- Under the WordPress Page or Post go to the Smart Crawl section
- Click the Social tab and upload a custom Facebook image that will be shared on your page or post
- If want you can also update the Title and Description for the post as well.
- Smart Crawl Pro works awesome for Twitter, too!
STEP 2 CLEAR OLD IMAGE:
- Go to Facebook’s Debugger https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/
- Enter the URL of the Page or Post you just updated. Click the Debug button.
- Note! If the image is not reflected correctly click the Scrape button under the When and how we last scraped the URL section.
#BOOM! Now every time you share that link on Facebook you’ll have the right image next to your link.